Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Reasons why.

Why am I writing this blog? It was originally a spur of the moment decision that occured because I didn't want to do my readings for my history tutorial.
But that is hardly a good enough reason to keep going.
So why, given I should be actually writing my dissertation, should I keep writing this instead?
  1. Its a distraction from honours work - that is its point. It is as non-honours as is physically possible. I waste so much time on facebook, if I channel my efforts into this, at least I will have something to show for spending an hour on the computer. This may be enough to lesson the guilt I will feel for not being academically productive.
  2. Its a collection of things that make me happy. I need to be reminded of the happy, pretty, and amusing things in life if I want to ensure I don't end up curled in a ball in the corner of the room rocking myself and muttering incoherent nonsense. Anything really, to ward off that impending mental breakdown. No doubt it will come: but I will be prepared with quotes of the day and colourful pictures.
  3. So many times when preparing for English lessons, I come up with an activity that involves having the "students write a blog in character". Yet till now, I've never kept one. Don't they say its best to lead by example?
  4. Everyone else seems to have one, and I am a sucker for peer pressure.

No comments:

Post a Comment