Thursday, August 27, 2009

A thought

I sometimes buy a magazine called 'the big issue' and one of the feature articles was with the childrens writer Andy Griffiths. He was saying that as adults, we lose that wonder of being alive that children have. He says "many adults labour under the delusion that to be an adult is to push away all things 'childish'. they live as if they whole noble and urgent enterprise of thier important lives would unravel if they chose just to sit and be with themselves with no particular agenda" (The Big Issue, no. 336, p. 13 - uni has so successfully indoctrinated me with the necessity of referencing, I couldn't not do it!).
I've just been thining about this comment lately, and I think its time we reclaimed that childish part of ourselves where we stop stressing and being busy all the time, and take a moment to just be.

1 comment: