I like quality advertising - if you are going to have to have your t.v. show interupted, it may as well be for something good, right? These ads are getting a bit old now, but I still think they are classic. Probably because classic is exactly the look they were going for. Part of me whats to analyse this texts and pick apart the obvious manipulation of appealing to aspects of femininity through lighting and costuming. But then the other part wants to just appreciate some pretty photos with lovely vintage clothing.Monday, August 17, 2009
clever marketing.
I like quality advertising - if you are going to have to have your t.v. show interupted, it may as well be for something good, right? These ads are getting a bit old now, but I still think they are classic. Probably because classic is exactly the look they were going for. Part of me whats to analyse this texts and pick apart the obvious manipulation of appealing to aspects of femininity through lighting and costuming. But then the other part wants to just appreciate some pretty photos with lovely vintage clothing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





this was like my favourite of all your posts when I first found it because I always secretly pined after yellowglen ads, and thought I was alone in that! seriously, you are so right that this is clever advertising. The ads always make me inn the mood for a party and to glam it up with some yellowglen. so manipulative. also it reminds me of all my mental images of 'The Great Gatsby'.
ReplyDelete