source: lotus_feet This picture was taken in Paris, 1938. They look like they are having fun and letting loose (please excuse me for a moment social conventions, while I peg this snow ball at my grown-up friend and then double over with laughter). Spontaneous bursts of joy like this make me happy. Yet I can't help but be sad too at the idea that they were one year away for the devastation of world war two. Who did these women lose? Husbands, brothers, sons? I suppose you can never really know when the life you have built for yourself will be ripped from you - so it's best to enjoy the moments you have, and be thankful. Not only that, but I've been thinking alot about the future and what I should do, but this reminds me that you can plan all you want, but sometimes things, events, people happen that stop the world (your world) and there's nothing you can do about it. What a timely reminder to stop planning, start living, and cultivate a heart of joy.



No comments:
Post a Comment