
"I used to wish I wasn't a writer and had a "proper job". I've also wished I was an athlete because their triumph is not relied upon just being the best, not whether vampires are fashionable this year... But the fact is, you don't choose to be a writer. A writer needs to write to feel normal. To be a writer means that you're at the same time a romantic and a cynic, believing that absolutely everything is possible, and as a result constantly breaking your own heart... It's your function to see things, feel things and translate things that most people in our society are unaware of until you point them out. This means, of course, that you must be sensitive, which also means you're a constant pain in the ar**. To be a writer can mean you need constant reassurance... which you never believe".
-- Gretal Killeen
I thought this quote was so interesting, and I particulary liked the last part.
When I pen the next young adults classic, will you read it? hehe.



No comments:
Post a Comment