Tuesday, November 6, 2012

November thankfulness day # 1

My friend Caitlin is on a crusade to be thankful for the month, and it's really encouraged me to do the same. There is, after all, so much to be thankful for in life! I think I forgot that too often, and it's a timely reminder to stop and reflect!

Today I'm thankful for art, because it meant that Sculpture by the Sea can run at Bondi beach. My friend Jacqui is visiting from England at the moment, so we spent the day in the glorious sun pottering around Bondi, lounging in the sun, and speculating on the meaning behind each of the sculptures. We came to the conclusion a lot of them were making bold, metaphorical statements on climate change. But who knows really. There were so many very cool, bizarre and strange things to see. So I'm thankful for art that it gave me new and interesting sculptures to ponder, and a reason to enjoy a beautiful day in the sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment