In less than a week I will be 25 and I am THRILLED! Turning older is a privilege denied to many, so I am seeking to truly appreciate the gift of age.
Being a Gilmore Girls fan of old, I have been acquainted the the "birthday week" custom for years and I am a BIG FAN. For those unfamiliar with the Rory and Lorelei tradition, it's works as follows: in the lead-up to your birthday, you are to be intentional in doing lovely things. It pretty much extends ones birthday gratification and is rather fun too. Each day doesn't haven't to involve an outrageous event, just something meaningful.
Yesterday I was a bit spoilt. I had breakfast with Emily at my favourite cafe AND I got to have a pub dinner with Caitlin too (see post Advent day # 10).
Today I had high tea at the Queen Victoria Tearooms which is almost indescribably delightful (okay, okay, I joke. It's describable alright... For an apt description read 5000 words or so found in chapter three of thesis #2 imaginatively titled "the tea room") - and very refined and elegant AND I got to have a pub dinner with Nicole too!
NB although it suspiciously looks like a rule of birthday week to go to the pub every night, do not be alarmed, this is a coincidence..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment