Sunday, December 6, 2009

Weddings

I went to the wedding of a very dear friend yesterday, and it's strange to think after months of planning, it's actually all over! I know that after every wedding, the expected thing to comment on is something about the bride looking beautiful, but in this instance, the bride really was stunning. Not only in how she looked with her amazing dress and lovely hair - she actually radiated happiness. I always think the expression "glowing with happiness" is a funny one, but every now and then I see someone that is, and ah, it all makes sense.
The other thing I loved was that at the reception, there was dancing to a jazz band! Instant winner! Everything about the day, actually, was wonderful. I suppose it's easy to just roll your eyes and say that's such a girl thing to say about a wedding, but it was actually a lovely way to spend a day: with friends, good food, great conversations, happiness, dancing, and much much laughter.
I can't remember which wedding blog I sourced this pictures from, it was a while back (it's amazing though!!), but I thought they were very well put together, and captured the joys of weddings so well...
And congratulations A & A!

No comments:

Post a Comment